As an Analyst at NewForesight, you will support consultancy work and have your own responsibilities and deliverables. You will have a broad spectrum of work streams in a dynamic, professional environment. Do you have what it takes?
Are you up for tackling tough sustainability challenges?
Global Challenge: Despite decades of investment, certification and development aid, cocoa is still called the poor man’s crop—plagued by poverty, child labor and low productivity.
Your assignment: Support the team in convening and facilitating the leading cocoa processors and chocolate manufacturers to agree on a collaborative strategic agenda for structural change.
Global Challenge: It is currently not well understood what type of support actually improves the livelihoods of farmers in developing countries in the long run, nor what the return on investment of this support is.
Your assignment: Develop an analytical model that will help to compare different intervention practices, run multiple user cases and together with our client build a global knowledge platform to make support and capacity building more effective and efficient.
Global Challenge: Public health and the sustainability of our food system both require consumption to shift towards more vegetable protein as an alternative to meat and dairy; a shift that will require a major transition in politics, business and society.
Your assignment: Analyze the required transition, identify barriers and points of leverage, and support the consortium of front-running companies and knowledge partners that are willing to develop a shared strategy to enable a significant boost in demand of vegetable proteins.
Do you have what it takes to tackle these assignments?
If so, NewForesight is looking to hire you for the position of
You are the change agent. Together with our clients and a professional, dedicated, and driven team of colleagues, you will build new, sustainable realities, and have structural and positive impact in sectors and markets all over the world.
NewForesight is a strategic consultancy firm based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. We are passionate about sustainability and dedicated to turning complex challenges into shared opportunities. Global clients from the public and private sector approach us to address challenges in their sector or supply chain, either individually or with a group of like-minded organizations.
We are dedicated to deliver, and the solutions we deliver are always high quality, creative, tailored, and practical. And because of our unique and holistic approach combining sustainability and business strategy, we have built a reputation as a thought leader and change maker in the sectors where we are active. You have the chance to join us.
At NewForesight you will be part of initiating, shaping, and driving strategies, partnerships, programs, governance, and business models designed to deliver structural positive change.
We are looking for someone that recognizes themselves in our requirements:
- Eager to learn, open minded and creative
- This position will prepare you to become a consultant so we are looking for candidates who have that ambition and capabilities
- We are looking for a strong analytical and conceptual thinker with a flexible mind and a keen eye for detail.
- The Analyst is able to perform qualitative as well as quantitative analyses, with a special talent for the latter.
- Willing to travel internationally and prepared to work irregular hours
- Affinity with the types of clients that we work with and the sectors in which we work – notably agricultural commodities
- Comfortable giving and receiving clear and constructive feedback, investing in the growth of yourself and the people around you
- Can help us professionalize as a fast growing organization
What type of work can you expect?
- The Analyst will support consultancy work and have own responsibilities and deliverables
- Play an integral role in projects with functions ranging from research, development of presentations, data analysis, value chain analysis
- The Analyst will have a broad spectrum of work streams in a dynamic, high professional environment
- Deliver high quality outcomes and serve our clients, with a focus on building long-term partnerships
- Perform sector system analyses and the develop alternatives for any concept or practice
- Find and analyze data regarding sustainability in the broad sense
- Take up various consulting support roles
Do you have what it takes?
- Relevant academic background with University Degree
- Experience with relevant tasks
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Critical attitude towards data presented
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize and planning skills
- Hands-on mentality and team player
- Interest in and knowledge of sustainability, development and agriculture
- The Analyst is able to perform qualitative as well as quantitative analyses
- Excellent English language skills. Dutch and other languages are a plus
What is our offer?
- A 1 Year, full time contract. With possibility to extend.
- Salary indication of € 2100 – €2600 for a full-time position
- You will join a committed, passionate team. And they’re pretty fun to hang out with
- The opportunity to create significant sustainability impact on a global scale
- Really let that sink in: The opportunity to create significant sustainability impact on a global scale
- An innovative working environment
- Great potential to grow and develop.
- 25 vacation days a year
Please apply via this link or via e-mail with your cover letter CV by December 31th, 2016. Interviews will take place in January 2017. A case study will be conducted during the interviews, as part of the selection process. For more information about NewForesight and the team, you can check our website.
We look forward to meeting you!