To help our clients create shared opportunities among themselves and their stakeholders, we offer four categories of solutions:
- Developing sustainability strategies: to design strategies that mobilize different actors into joint action, we forge an ambitious long-term vision with a clear path that leads there. We work together with you to develop a shared vision that unlocks the power to change system dynamics, and creates a new (and sustainable) normal.
- Creating business models: in our business modeling, we optimize business value and sustainability impact through a focus on innovation and clear, quantifiable results. These business models can provide you with the insights necessary to take informed decisions that lift your strategy to the next level.
- Organizing governance: the key to effective collaboration is a robust coordination structure, which we design and organize with a fit-for-purpose backbone organization at the core. Our structures follow your strategy and enable you to work effectively and efficiently towards your sustainability goals.
- Establishing credibility: the move towards sector sustainability requires that stakeholders are held accountable to their commitments, while being able to learn from their mistakes and claim their successes. We develop the necessary tools that will allow you to claim credibility, and ensure continuous improvement.
Developing sustainability strategies
To design strategies that mobilize different actors into joint action, we forge an ambitious long-term vision with a clear path that leads there.
- Vision, Mission, and Theory of Change
- Clarify the purpose of your organization and the impact you seek
- Build a strong organizational culture around a common purpose
- Align the sector’s actors and initiatives around a shared purpose and goal(s)
- Engage a critical mass of sector stakeholders to change the sector
We engaged stakeholders in the biggest public-private alliance for sustainable coffee to date. Find out how. Contact Joost to solve your challenge.
- Roadmap and Interventions
- Lay out the change required for a transformational outcome: which steps should be taken, when, and by whom
- Translate your sustainability strategy into innovative interventions based on solid analyses that ensure impact is created in line with your organization’s purpose/goal(s)
We defined a roadmap and milestones towards sustainable cocoa production. Find out how. Contact Will to solve your challenge.
- Clearly articulate your organization’s purpose, goal(s), and the impact it strives to achieve
- Know your ideal clients/target groups and effectively engage with them
- Turn sustainability impact into business value through strong value propositions and messaging
We set out the direction for Cargill’s communication on their cocoa sustainability strategy. Find out how. Contact Guus to solve your challenge.
Creating business models
In our business modeling, we optimize business value and sustainability impact through a focus on innovation and clear, quantifiable results.
- Sustainable business models
- Embed sustainability into commercially viable business models
- Employ our sector expertise and insights into sustainability trends to the benefit of your business model design
We created a model to measure the success of service delivery models for farmers. Click for the insights. Contact Joost to solve your challenge.
- Economic modeling
- Increase the impact of your interventions by modeling and understanding their effect in different scenarios, from farm to sector level
- Benchmark the performance of your intervention strategy against (aggregated) peer results
We provided insight into the impact of interventions on a cocoa famer’s income. Click to play with the model. Contact Will to solve your challenge.
The key to effective collaboration is a robust coordination structure, which we design and organize with a fit-for-purpose backbone organization at the core.
- Organizational models
- Anchor the coordination of sustainability initiatives in effective organization and governance structures
- Transform the way your organization operates to achieve both greater business results and sustainability impact
- Effectively convene sector stakeholders with specifically tailored structures for collaboration
We co-created the movement for accelerating the uptake of green proteins in The Netherlands. Find out how. Contact Guus to solve your challenge.
- Multi-stakeholder organizations
- Design and deliver a fit-for-purpose organization that supports a multi-stakeholder strategy and program (including front- and back-office solutions)
We set-up the organization to accelerate structural change in the organic cotton sector. Find out how. Contact Hilde to solve your challenge.
True progress in sustainability requires a credible approach and accountability of the actors involved.
- Standards & accreditation
- Maximize your impact through a standardized and sector-wide approach to tackling sustainability challenges
- Unlock sector-wide learning through standardization of approaches, data collection and measurement of results
We coordinated the cocoa industry’s input in the upcoming ISO standard for sustainable and traceable cocoa. Find out how. Contact Sharon to solve your challenge.
- Traceability systems
- Mitigate risks by increasing the integrity of your products and supply chain
- Make your claims more credible through (third party) verification and improved transparency
We ensured integrity of claims in the sugar cane sector. Find out how. Contact Bart to solve your challenge.
- M&E and Results Frameworks
- Create clarity on the desired outcomes of your activities, linking them to the organization’s purpose and strategy
- Measure your progress and impact in a credible way
We helped restore landscapes worldwide. Find out how. Contact Bart to solve your challenge.