Do you want to contribute to a book about transforming sectors towards sustainability and expand your network with like-minded sustainability frontrunners within and beyond your sector?
NewForesight Consultancy and Nyenrode Business University are developing a new book on sustainable market transformation, to be published by Taylor & Francis. As a respected sector expert, we invite you to join us and (co-)author a chapter. It will apply systems thinking to sustainable market transformation, showing how sectors go through phases of market transformation before reaching “full” sustainability. The book will not only be sold internationally, it will also be used as curriculum at business schools and by international companies to drive their sustainability and CSR strategies.
Interested to join this publication?
What’s in it for you?
- An informative session where you will be introduced to market transformation thinking by Lucas Simons, CEO, and founder of NewForesight and writer of Changing the Food Game
- Get a crash course in putting your thinking into writing as a potential (co-)author of a sector-chapter in the book.
- Share learnings on sustainability progress with other sector-experts and expand your network
About Changing The Food Game and the theory of Market Transformation
- The book Changing the Food Game, published by Lucas Simons and widely used at business schools, presents a new set of models for how sectors transform towards sustainability in phases.
- The phases provide insight into the dynamics dominating a given sector, and what approaches and alliances can catalyze the transition to the next stage of a sector’s sustainability
- This cornerstone ‘phases thinking’ concept helps change-makers understand how a sector’s progress towards sustainability is not linear, but instead a complex process consisting of ‘maturity’ phases.
- The first chapter of the Changing the Food Game can be downloaded here (PDF).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which sectors can be covered in the book?
A. We are open for different sectors, but the main focus lies on: Agriculture, Automotive, Apparel/Textile, Retail, Water, Consumer electronics, Healthcare, Mining Energy (Oil&Gas), Finance, Construction, Education, Tourism, Transportation & Logistics and Petrochemical.
Q. Do I have to be responsible for a whole chapter or can I be part of a sector-chapter team?
A. It is possible to co-write a sector chapter. You can either propose a co-author or we can help find a good match. If you would like to be involved but don’t feel you have the time or writing expertise to be an author, you can also play a role as a content expert or reviewer.
Q. What is the timeline when contributing to the book?
A. The final draft is due to the publishers in March 2019, so we are working towards a first draft in August and a final draft in October.
Q. What is the contact information in the case of any questions?
A. You can direct any questions to changingthegame@newforesight.
Q: What has already happened in the process so far?
A: A kick-off workshop was held at Nyenrode University on March 16th with over 30 participants. Following this, we held our first writing webinar, which has also been recorded for those who couldn’t attend.